D2 - First Draft
Omniya Tajni
D2: Evaluate the flow of programme
content and audio levels
In my radio segment, the client will expect to hear how residents in
Tower Hamlets have accessibility to a wide range to dessert/café restaurants in
the borough, and members are able to go there to socialise, celebrate an event,
or study due to it being local and mobile.
I believe that the order of my interviews was quite successful, as I
started it off with a friend, followed by a family member and ended with a
stranger which is what was required by the client. The only thing that I feel
like I should have done was actually interview the stranger, and tell them that
it was a staff member at a dessert restaurant. This would have allowed the
listeners to know who it is because with the other two interviews I said their
name and gave the audience a bit of context such as ‘you are still in college
now right?’ and ‘you are a mother of 3 right?’ this enabled the audience to
know the name of the interviewee and what role they currently have within the
world. Whereas with the staff member I just went straight to it which led the
audience to feel a bit confused as to who it was I was interviewing. Although
the questions did provide formality that this individual does work at a desert
restaurant I believe introducing them would have made a difference.
The levels in my programme were okay, but there are huge rooms for
improvement. When the interviews finished and moved on to the next, listeners
would be able to see a huge change and jump from one to another, which may have
slightly affected the final product as it was noticeable. I should have faded
them out more or included something in between, such as maybe music, this would
have diverted the audience’s attention from realising. However, apart from this
I believe that the sound effects overlapped with the interviewees worked well
with each other and wasn’t noticeable and helped with the audiences to
visualise what the interviewees were talking about.
I believe that I educated
my audience by explaining to them the impact the dessert/café restaurants have
for residents living in the tower hamlets borough and audiences who listen to
this and have no knowledge of this would be educated with this information and
if they wanted they would check them out and see for themselves.
I believe that my
presenting style was approachable, as I introduced the radio segment and what
it will consist of. I also decided to record me actually interviewing the
interviewees rather than just letting them speak about the topic themselves,
this provided formality to the listeners, and I was also engaging with the
interviewees. However, I feel like I should have added a personal element to
the segment in order to make it more engaging. I could have done this by speaking
in between the interviews or maybe about the interviews itself, I believe this
would have impacted the radio segment more as the listeners would have been
able to build a connection with the host.
I trust that I was able
to create an atmosphere within my production and the use of sound effects
helped support this as it helped the audience to visualise what the
interviewees are talking about which added more element to the narrative of my
radio production.
If I was to do this
again, I would definitely add the host speaking more and adding a personal
element to my radio production. The reason for this is because the listeners
would be able to have a sense of connection with the host and although there
are 3 different interviewees giving their personal response towards the dessert
restaurants, because the host is listened throughout the radio, whether it is
in the intro and outro or asking the questions during the interview, the
audience already have some recognition towards the host but the connection can
build more as they would be able to hear hosts personal element too.
I would
also make sure my sound levels are adjusted well and flow efficiently
throughout the radio segment, this will allow the audience to not recognise the
cuts between the interviews and sounds and would just have a better flow to the
radio production as a whole.
Overall, I believe the
flow of my radio programme is great but with just a few teaks it would be
perfect and engaging as well as insightful for the audiences to listen to.
Comments
Post a Comment